Wednesday 16 December 2009

Extra Shot - Cards




During the solo I felt that there needed to be another shot which wasn't linked to the current narratives running throughout the video. I decided that a another gambling motif may look appropriate to cut out to during the climax of the song itself.
This was created by using a black sheet on the floor, and dropping some cards from a fairly high off the ground. The camera being positioned at a birds-eye view.

Then the contrast was increased, so the sheet isn't so obvious, and provides a subtle flickering effect, much like the live performance clips.

I did try and create more clips, but when i tried to use them in the video, they didn't fit and look right, no matter how i tried to crop / edit them. I think this shot is effective however, but i will be leaving it out of my final video.

No comments:

Post a Comment